Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Birth Name

The church that I belong to encourages up to keep a journal for our descendants to know a little something about us. They have made it easy for us to do this by giving us a list of 52 questions to answer on the Church web site.

I will attempt to answer one question  a week for the next year so that my future posterity can know who I was and what my life was like. So here goes with the week one question.

What is your full name? Why did your parents give you that name?


I have two birth certificates that  shows that I was given the name of Douglas Phillip Sattler on one and Douglas Phillip Shaw on the other:





As you can see I was born with last name of Sattler. I can only assume that my middle name comes from my birth father Joseph Phillip. My mom had another birth certificate made in 1967 that shows my last name to be Shaw. Joseph was my birth father but Bobby was my real father. 

When asked my Mom stated she liked the name Douglas and and so I was named Douglas Phillip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment